Saturday 20 November 2010

Site Selection - Palma de Mallorca

After visiting and analysing two potential sites (Isle of White Zoo, UK and Es Jonquet, Mallorca) I have selected to base my thesis project in Es Jonquet. The reasons for this decision are outlined on the pages below. 
This decision has changed the direction of my written thesis so that it relates more to my design project and personal interest of designing courtyards in a hot climate. The project will include a master plan for the district of Es Jonquet and I am in the process of developing a brief for the empty site to the west of the windmills. This is likely to comprise housing and an artisan centre and will be linked to the two windmills next to the site by a 'cultural square'.
The project will encompass courtyard design at micro and macro scales as an environmental design tool, looking at urban scale public squares and domestic courtyards.






No comments:

Post a Comment